Monday, December 14, 2009

Response to Prompt 3 (Success)

In my opinion success can mean many different things depending on one's dreams and aspirations. My dream is to become an international pop sensation, money would be a perk, and a great one at that, but I want fame , I want to be known, I want the paparazzi to photograph every move I make. I do not need a mansion and seven different cars as long as I am always dressed to a tee in haute couture and looking fierce I would be happy. Although money is a huge factor in every aspect of life, i do not think that money defines success. To me success is all about establishment and money, connections, and power have a big part to play in being established. So I would have to agree with the idea that influence plays a bigger role pertaining to the topic of success. My list of successful artists would include Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, and Diana Ross. Being successful goes farther than just money, influence plays a big part. As one can see in my list of artists, they are all pioneers in the music industry that have played a big part in the world of music and many have tried to follow in their footsteps only to find that they could never imitate, let alone, duplicate their style. I would not go as far as saying all of my friends and/or family members are successful but there are a few. The people who I think are successful are the ones are those who have climbed to the top of the ladder in whatever field that have chosen. My aunt started out as a teacher's assistant and now she is head of the school board and she loves her job, she is not filthy rich but she does get paid well. I would not give up all my ethics, morals, or lessons that I have learned for success; however I would go to extreme lengths to accomplish my goals, but I would rather make it to the top with pride and dignity than regretting the path I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment