Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Response to Prompt 9 (Assisted Suicide)
I have never heard of assisted suicide and quite frankly I think that idea is so messed up that anyone would help someone end their life. Since I have no knowledge of the topic I have a lot of questions. Who would you ask to assist in the ending of your life? What kind of person would agree to that? I hope a person who considers them-self a friend of a mentally unstable person would not agree to their wishes. Why would you try and talk them out of it? Show them how great life is, show them how it is going to get much better, and how it could be much worse. Whenever I hear something about suicide I assume that there was a lonely tormented person that could not take it any more, and if there are people with someone willing to take their life, why aren't they willing to show them real love and that no matter what happens, if their family friends or spouse turn on them that someone will always be there to go through their troubles with them. Why wouldn't assisted suicide be considered murder or manslaughter? Even with proof that the person wanted to die, it is not justifiable to kill someone. Not to sound in sensitive or anything but if a person is too much of a punk to do it themselves, they do not even need to consider suicide as a solution to their problems because their problems are obviously not that bad. Suicide is bad, assisted suicide is even worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment