Wednesday, December 16, 2009

10th and Final Post!

Since we did not have a prompt to expand on I choose to do a review on the 7 Eleven that is connected to the University Center (UC). I would just like to start out by saying thank you to whoever planned to put a 7 Eleven right next door and extra kudos to whoever approved the door that connects the two. I am from a small town in southern Illinois called Danville. In Danville we do not have a 7 Eleven, we have convenient stores but no 7 Eleven. I love 7 Eleven! I'm not even trying to be funny but 7 Elevens have this atmosphere that no other convenient stores have, which might have something to do with their widely commercialized name. I believe that this 7 Eleven is family franchised because there are only four or five people that work there, the same shifts every day/ night, who are really nice and I have come to know (since I'm in there so much). My favorites are the guys who work the night shifts because they are pretty funny and very friendly. I particularly love having a 7 Eleven connected to the building I live in because it provides easy access. I do not have to get dressed to walk to 7 Eleven, I can go in my pajamas if I want to. Its really cold outside now and I love Slurpees so I get to avoid the hassle of trying to unthaw my hands so I can make a Slurpee; I can just take the elevator downstairs and go through the little door and voila! Which brings me to my next point; I love Slurpees! My favorite is the mix between Fanta Cherry and Mountain Dew Freeze with a little more Mountain Dew Freeze then Fanta Cherry (about a 60 to 40 percent ratio) and the best part about it is that it is only an elevator ride away. Another perk of having a convenient store connected to the building is that they have almost anything you need; food (hot, cold, cooked or uncooked), toiletries, supplies, just about anything to get you through the night. One of my favorite 7 Eleven dishes is their donuts. They get restocked at about two o'clock in the morning and they are fresh, soft, and delicious. After a long night of partying or whatever, what is better than coming home, sitting back enjoying a Slurpee and fresh donuts!? 7 Eleven is also very reasonably priced and they give cash back on their purchases so I do not have to make a trip to the bank to get some cash. 7 Eleven has proved its worth to me countless times and I could not imagine what my college experience would be like without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment